I am still on macOS 10.11.6  so I don’t know much about what
is happening but I was wondering if you transferred the file with
a secure connection like CyberDuck does the download bit get
changed?  Another question that might be a work around is if
you zip the file and then zip the zip of that file does it change
the download bit?

JB