On Nov 1, 2019, at 5:42 PM, Mark mentioned,

> Is it possible to pick up the background color from the mouseColor or the
> backgroundColor or something and set the background color of the field to
> that? (and obviously forget the bit about setting the blendlevel)

The problem there is that there may be writing underneath my field in the
“source” pdf that I am “filling”, and I can’t obscure that.

Pdf can handle transparencies, and placing partially transparent images over
others.

If I’m not missing something, it’s a bug in Livecode if it generates a pdf of a
field with no backgroundColor and false opaque for Sheffield, card, and stack.

And as I mentioned, the “effective opaque” of the field reports as false.