Thanks Jacque, but that’s the trouble - I can’t turn them off. I thought of
trashing the LC Preferences to see if that does anything, but I couldn’t find
them: I think they are in the plist, which is in the Preferences in the system
library. I tried temporarily switching this off (by renaming the file and
starting LC) - it stopped LC fully loading (not surprising really). I restored
the plist and LC had forgotten some stuff like recent stacks. I checked that
the mobile preference pane still has its green square and can see XCode, but
the Standalone Settings still does not respond to mouse clicks to remove the
non-mobile platforms or to choose mobile.

I really have absolutely no idea what is going on.

Graham