Folks:
One thing that seems to be missing in this discussion is the point of view of
the “client”, the one who downloads the app and pays for it. I agree that the
hoops one has to go through to get an app in the Apple store are a big pain,
and that it seems unfair for Apple to get a cut of online advertising. But,
does the end user care?

I code in Livecode and always curse and struggle to get an app to load onto my
phone. I also sympathize with the seemingly constant changes to Apple's
requirements. But, as a user of iPhone apps, I really appreciate Apple’s
attention to privacy and security. Would I sacrifice the user oriented
qualities for the developer hassles? Probably not, at least with out a lot of
other info about how Apple’s hoops for developers impact the user side for me.
But I would find it unacceptable to sacrifice security and privacy.

Best,
Bill

William A. Prothero
Santa Barbara, CA. 93105