Great to hear Andre’s input!

One point I hoped to make is that there is also a possibility of monetizing a
help site that is created outside the mothership but coordinates and supports
it. I think this kind of resource would be a significant investment and it is
unrealistic to expect that the community will do this for free. Frankly, from
others’ comments, it seems that there is a lot of room for additional support
and marketing. Think of a combination of short tutorials backed by downloadable
samples of what was presented on video. These could be backed up with more
in-depth lessons at a small charge. The purpose of a short video would be dual.
One for showing how to do something and second for advertising how easy it is
to do some things with Livecode. What if there was a link to LC subscriptions
and the mothership would pay a royalty to the site owner/manager?

LC is a great deal, with a free version available for newbies. There are
opportunities, I think.

Folks, please forgive me if I am overly promoting this idea. I’m an idea
person, retired, and have no spare time to put a lot of energy into creating
something like this. But many of you make your living from Livecode and these
ideas could be mutually beneficial. I am invested in Livecode and would love to
see it get more exposure and adoption. It’s a great product!

Best,
Bill Prothero

William Prothero
https://earthlearningsolutions.org