It's worse than the unicode text issue. Saving stacks is from my setup 7 to 8
times slower in Windows than on a Mac, and I have tried numerous Windows
configurations from bare metal to VMWare servers running on a robust host. In
discussions in the past, it seems there isn't a lot Livecode can do about it.
The issues are with Windows itself. At least that was the upshot of the
discussions.

Bob S