Hi Klaus

I have been meaning to test this but have to get my Windows machine up and
running.   I have been using my Mac exclusively for a while.

I suspect I will get the same result as Paul but  I may get a chance to try it
before this week Saturday.

I would be interested in how LC 10 works though.

In LC 9 the player is using AVFoundation on Mac or DirectShow on Windows.

In LC 10  the player will use Windows Player Media Foundation.

https://livecode.com/livecode-10-sneak-peek/
Windows Player Media Foundation

The current player on Windows uses DirectShow – which only natively supports
the WMV file format. Newer video formats (such as MP4) require third-party
codecs to be installed. The move to Media Foundation will mean these are
natively supported. MediaFoundation libraries support all the modern codecs
such as mp4 natively – so mp4s will play in player objects without any
thirdparty components needing to be installed in the OS.

Additionally, mirrored video playback will work correctly as well as
non-standard playback rates.

This brings parity between Windows, macOS, Android and iOS video playback
features in terms of supported video formats.

From what I remember the first DP of LC 10 did not include the new Windows
Player Media foundation.

I don’t know if it has been added to recent DPs.   Once it is I plan to put it
through its paces.

Hopefully that will resolve the issue with variable rate playback and result in
parity for windows and the other platforms.

Martin