On 23/06/2022 00:38, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

Interesting take. Thanks. I'd read Tom's post as being about LSON, with LC in both producer and consumer roles, which would make a JavaScript-optimized format unnecessary.  Perhaps I'd misunderstood.

No, you didn't misunderstand. I misread your earlier post.  Your reference to  "built-in parser" was indeed about LSON, and obviously so;  I just misread it as being about JSON.

Nevertheless, my central point remains (afact) valid - the support for JSON in Livecode seems incomplete, and in particular it seems flaky/missing on LCServer.

Alex.