On 23/06/2022 10:31, Ralf Bitter via use-livecode wrote:
Hi Alex,

the JSONtoArray() function is part of the mergJSON external.
The README of this external describes how to use this function
and it's counterpart JSONtoArray as follows:

Thanks Ralf. I did see that code in the dictionary - but it also says that those functions are provided in thews.goulding.script-library.mergjson library, so (I think) I shouldn't need to put them in myself.

In fact, I did try it anyway - but that simply changes the error to "handler not found: mergJSONDecode"

Another option would be to load the JSON extension and to use
the JsonImport() function.

Didn't know about jsonImport; it's not mentioned in the dictionary, but I now see it shows up in a few lessons, etc.

However,I think the real problem for me is "... to load the JSON extension ...". I wasn't aware I had to load those extensions which are already part of the standard package (maybe I did that years ago and have had time to forget :-).

I can't find anything about loading extensions other than what to do in the IDE.

How do you load extensions to LC Server ?  On a shared web provider ?  (on-rev)

Thanks,
Alex

Ralf