Hi Björnke,

The main goal of using the server's stack component is to let us store our code
as password protected libraries instead of storing it in unprotected flat text
.irev components. This server's stack component is useful each time we need to
install our LC-server solutions on clients servers on a license basis contract.

In this sense, the server's stack component fits all the n-tier development
expectable needs and, from my point of view at least, RunRev did a 100% perfect
work in realizing it. We are now able to deliver our solutions in the same ways
Java or Zend developers are doing with their own protected libs. I have to add
that this new component works 100% fine in any situation my apps needs to
address and that RunRev need to be warmly thanks for all the great
opportunities that we become able to cover in using it.

More : on Posix platforms at least, our .lc+.livecode driven server's apps are
running in multi-thread mode under the control of the underlying OS + Apache
CGI gateway components. As we would say there in southern Europe : "C'est la
totale !"

More2 : n-tier development need to be designed with different eyes we use to
develop desktop apps (and relevant stack's components). LC has yet become a
perfect development platform in both worlds and we just have to choose the
right ways to go to get the job done.

;D

--
Pierre Sahores