Hi Tim,

Codesigning is (as you probably know) one of the tricker bits of building an
app for distribution (and I’ve certainly had my share of failures and
frustrations along the way). I am following this thread closely so if you don’t
mind sharing, I’d be interested in hearing what the solution is, once you’ve
found it.

Cheers and best of luck,
Mark

> On 25 Aug 2023, at 3:37 pm, Timothy Bleiler via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Heather,
>
> I’ll take a look.  Matthias Rebbe is also trying to help me find the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Tim Bleiler
>

>> On Aug 25, 2023, at 4:13 AM, Heather Laine via use-livecode
>> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Tim - codesigning is not my expertise but failed password credentials I deal
>> with frequently :). A possible gotcha is that your password is saved to your
>> keychain, and then, if you change it, the changed password is overwritten by
>> the saved password, invisibly since the password is hidden when entered. I
>> would recommend deleting all saved passwords from your keychain for your
>> certificates etc, and re-entering them to eliminate this possibility.
>>
>> Probably not the issue but you never know...
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Heather
>>
>> Heather Laine
>> Customer Services Manager
>> LiveCode Ltd
>> http://www.livecode.com/ <http://www.livecode.com/>
>>

>>> On 24 Aug 2023, at 18:02, Timothy Bleiler via use-livecode
>>> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I believe the problem I’m having is either on Apple’s end or something with
>>> my local configuration but Apple has not been very helpful and I’m running
>>> out of ideas, so I’m turning to the wealth of experience on this list in
>>> desperation.
>>>
>>> I’ve been using the lessons from  Matthias Rebbe and V4 of his handy
>>> mrSignNotarizeHelper stack.
>>> Code signing seems to work fine but when I get to the Notarization step I
>>> always get an
>>> "Error: HTTP status code: 401. Invalid credentials. Username or password is
>>> incorrect.
>>>
>>> I’m on an M1 Mac with OS 13.4.1, Xcode 14.3.1 is installed, Livecode 9.6.9.
>>>
>>> So far, this is what I’ve tried with the same result
>>>
>>> 1) Verified developer account in good status with Apple
>>> 2) Multiple checks of my credentials (Apple ID, team ID, app-specific
>>> password) on Apple's developer and ID sites,
>>> 3) Multiple checks of my credentials in the parameters I’m using
>>> 4) Setting up a new app specific password on my account
>>> 5) Trying with a different Livecode application