Just my take,
I'm just currently using livecode to write personal software. The various
issues related to the app store and compatibility with other platforms are not
something I have time or energy for. I'm retired and like to work on fun,
rewarding projects, not frustrating searches for the one setting that will move
me forward.

However, the possibility that Livecode might become a platform for developing
web applications is extremely interesting to me. It would encourage me to
develop and post interactive learning games that I've thought about. However,
the development process would need an interface that works in a well
documented, straightforward way without the need to learn auxiliary programs
(E.g. Javascript, php, python, c++, etc).

If I could write a program in livecode that deploys as easily as currently
possible on my own desktop, I would be very overjoyed.

Bill
William A. Prothero, PhD
Prof Emeritus, Dept of Earth Science
University of California, Santa Barbara