On 10/11/23 10:28 AM, William Prothero via use-livecode wrote:
However, the development process would need an interface that works in a well documented, straightforward way

Right. I tried LC Create for a few days but without documentation I didn't get very far. I couldn't figure out what syntax to use on all the new widgets and after some hours I gave up.

Every new control should have at least a list of messages/functions it uses. Without that, about all you can to is play with layouts for now. That's not an insignificant thing, but it is limiting.