How do I force Finder to show a custom document icon? I've created .icns files for both the app and its documents. I entered a custom extension in standalone settings. In a built standalone the app icon appears normally but an associated stack document has only a generic blank icon.

I used Get Info to set the document stacks to always open with my app (and it does) but the icon still does not appear. The plist does contain the correct icon info and both .icns files are present in the app's Contents/Resources/ folder.

It looks like a Finder problem but relaunching Finder didn't fix it. Ideas?

LC 9.6.10.