On 10/18/23 10:35 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
If you have identified the document extension in the Standalone setting for macOS and set an ics file of icons (or the appropriate sizes required by Apple) than documents created by that app should display the icon.

No go. Here is the relevant part of the plist:

<key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>
        <array>
                <dict>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeExtensions</key>
                        <array>
<string>.rbox</string>
                        </array>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeIconFile</key>
                        <string>StandaloneDoc.icns</string>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeName</key>
<string>Recipe Box Files</string>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeOSTypes</key>
                        <array>
<string>rbox</string>
                        </array>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeRole</key>
                        <string>Editor</string>
                </dict>
        </array>

The app does not create new files, it just opens the existing stack, originally a LC file. I tried a "save as..." but that didn't work either. Is there a way to set the signature on an existing file? I did try and the stack wouldn't open, presumably it's corrupted.