Try this in the msg box:

put "aaa[bbb" into tStr; put line 1 of tStr into tLine; filter tStr without
tLine; put tStr
I get (using MacOS, LC 9.6.11)

aaa[bbb

That is to say, the line is not filtered out.

And:

put "aaa[bbb" into tStr; filter tStr with tStr; put tStr

produces an empty string instead of the original string.

The bug occurs if the line contains the character “[“ anywhere; any lines
containing that character are ignored by both filter with and filter without.

This is really serious, because I rely on the filter command a lot, as I would
think do many other developers!

Don’t know if it occurs with other characters, but I have never seen it before.
I discovered it when filtering lines with regular expressions. Other special
regexp characters I have tested do not trigger the bug.

Neville Smythe