while using the following 2 lines:
   put "a?b" into tFilter
   put "a*b" into tStr
will yield "a*b"

Finally, using the following 2 lines:
   put "a[?]b" into tFilter
   put "a?b" into tStr
will  yield "a?b"

The point is that you can end up with issues if you are counting on "*" and
"?" to filter literally.  They don't - they are wildcards and can match
anything (multiple char or single char respectively).  The "[" is also
special.

To ensure that your filters work properly if you do not want to use any
wildcards (i.e. match * and ? literally) would require you to change *, ?,
and [ to [*], [?], and [[].