Interesting. As I’ve mentioned I install and provide IT support for copiers and
printers. Ever since Windows 8 (I believe) Microsoft has been providing built
in drivers for these devices, and they use what is called a WSD (Windows
Service Daemon) port instead of a typical TCP/IP port.

If you go to install a printer and you see a list of icons representing the
discovered printers on the network, NEVER EVER USE THEM! Manufacturers will not
support them, and they cause all kinds of issues. ALWAYS select “The device I
want isn’t listed” and use the standard TCP/IP method of installing a printer,
or better yet the manufacturer probably supplies an executable either
downloaded or on a CD ROM. Use that.

Of course, that does not help LC devs who are deploying apps to end users who
cannot be told what to do.

Bob S