I have a plugin that is not complete which can save livecode groups and all
of their properties, custom properties and scripts.  If you'd like I'll
send you some of the code. PM me.
Should be super easy to find the code u need, and then inverse it.
If you did that it would help me complete the plugin and I could release it.