Hi Panos,

> Am 26.08.2024 um 13:50 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Hello Klaus,
>
> Hmm, I do not see anything from 13:25 - could you paste it here?

Sure:
More specific infos:
I need Google to reset my upload keystore file, you may remember, it was about
two weeks ago.
Hint: Only the OWNER of the developer account has permission to request a key
reset!

I was able to create the new keystore and PEM file as Google suggested:
---------------------------------
1.    • Follow the instructions in the Android Studio Help Center to generate a
new key. It must be different from any previous keys, be a 2048-bit RSA key,
and have 25-year validity. Alternatively, you can use the following command
line to generate a new key:
      • keytool -genkeypair -alias upload -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity
9125 -keystore keystore.jks
2.    • Export the certificate for that key to PEM format:
      • keytool -export -rfc -alias upload -file upload_certificate.pem
-keystore keystore.jks
3.    • Once you have generated a PEM file please follow the steps below:
      • Go to Setup > App integrity > App Signing.
      • Request Upload key reset.
      • Give a reason why you’re requesting a key reset.
      • Enter PEM file.
      • Click Request.
----------------------------------
But on the Google Play Console page for "App singning" Google will not accept
the above mentioned (and proposed) PEM file in #3!
I need to download a "pepk.jar" file and use the terninal with this command (as
seen 4 days ago on that page):
---------------------------------
$ java -jar pepk.jar --keystore=foo.keystore --alias=foo --output=output.zip
signing-keystore=uploadkey.keystore --signing-key-alias=upload-key-alias
--rsa-aes - encryption --encryption-key-path=/path/to/encryption_public_key.pem

And then I get the errors below.
is the "pepk.jar" the problem and not compatible with my JAVA installation?

Strangely Matthias Rebbe saw this command on the "App singing" page YESTERDAY:
---------------------------------
java -jar pepk.jar --keystore=foo.keystore --alias=foo --output=output.zip
--include-cert --rsa-aes-encryption
--encryption-key-path=/path/to/encryption_public_key.pem

???

Both commands do not seem to work, I am completely lost and I don't even know
where in the commands I need to put MY data in.
OK -> --keysore=##name of my keystore file## 8-)

Please can someone knowing give me some very good advice?
Android deadline (API 34) is this saturday, sigh... :-/

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de