In the IDE, in the mobile prefs, there is an invisible button (I think it
is called "chooseJDK" or such - I am not in the office now) that allows you
to manually choose the desired JDK path. That way we could have both JDK v8
(required by LC) and newer ones installed.

I am not sure why this button is hidden though - but you could make it
visible by doing in the msg box:

set the visible of button "chooseJDK" of card "mobile support" of stack
"revPreferencesGUI" to true

Kind regards,
Panos