J. Landman Gay wrote:
I was just reading some articles today about Android's prominence and
promise, and how, given Apple's long time to market, some companies are
choosing more often to deploy first on Android. But the flip side of
that was discussed in another article I read, which talked about the
rampant piracy on Android...

Maybe.  Personally I think piracy is overrated in terms of sales impact.

Mobile OSes suffer from an extremely long tail, and even on iOS some 90+% of apps in Apple's App Store are making less than minimum wage.

What I'm seeing is that success in the mobile space isn't that much different from success on the desktop: you can't just post an app and expect to make a ton of money. You need to make an excellent app, market it smartly, and support it graciously. Same as it's always been.

IMNSHO, the "piracy" meme is just an excuse lazy devs toss around to make themselves feel better about not making money. ;)

For example:

Linux Game Devs Upload Their Own Game on Pirate Bay, Strangely It Increases Sales
<http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2011/09/linux-game-devs-upload-their-own-game.html>

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World