I actually added it as a control from the File menu.

Following your suggestion I added the file in the Application Builder but this
too fails the Simulator test because I'm not actually building the application
yet.

Starting from scratch… I have a .wav file. How do I play it from an application
on an iPhone?

Thanks,
Bill Vlahos