Bill,

Choose a short sound that you wish to use as your beep sound, for example
'shortbeep.aiff' and bring it into your iOS environment through the 'copy
files' pane. In say your preOpenStack handler put :-

      set the beepSound to specialFolderPath("engine") & "/shortbeep.aiff"

Now when you issue a 'beep' command in one of your scripts, then
'shortbeep.aiff' will play.