Ken,

Thanks for your careful test. This is driving me nuts and I can't find a
work-around.

I think the problem is RR not doing a screen refresh after each of the MULTIPLE
steps. (I have always, in OS 10) had to do a refresh after EACH step.

Would you please try this for me:

on mouseUp
   put 200 into x
   put 200 into y
   put 2 into dx
   put 1 into dy

   repeat 100 times
      put x,y & cr after tPoints
      add dx to x
   end repeat

   put 200 into x
   put 200 into y
   repeat 200
      put x,y & cr after tNewPoints
      add dy to y
   end repeat

   lock moves
   move button "one" to tNewPoints without waiting
   move button "two" to tPoints without waiting
   unlock moves

end mouseUp

When I tried your script I  got what you got: Smooth motion. But with the
script above, eliminating possible problems with the graphics, I get
herky-jerky motion with the second move. I suspect it is due to the multiple
steps in the move.

Running RR 4.6.3 and Mac OS 10.6.8

Thanks again,

Jim