Lynn Fredricks wrote:

On the other hand, this means Flash developers are going to have to think
twice about using Flash because of mobile device deployment. Doing this -
yeah, I think the writing is on the wall for Flash. Now Flash developers can
feel what Director users have been feeling for some time ;-)

On the contrary, unlike Director it seems Flash is very much alive, just changing the engine from a plugin to WebKit - from the horse's mouth:

Flash to Focus on PC Browsing and Mobile Apps; Adobe to More Aggressively Contribute to HTML5
We will continue to leverage our experience with Flash to accelerate our work with the W3C and WebKit to bring similar capabilities to HTML5 as quickly as possible, just as we have done with CSS Shaders. And, we will design new features in Flash for a smooth transition to HTML5 as the standards evolve so developers can confidently invest knowing their skills will continue to be leveraged.
<http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplatform/2011/11/flash-to-focus-on-pc-browsing-and-mobile-apps-adobe-to-more-aggressively-contribute-to-html5.html>

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World