On 12/03/2011 09:16 AM, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
Yes, Jobs killed a lot of things that were losing money - but that does not
explain why Apple would not open-source Hypercard if it didn't want to
support it. It was possible to stop the losses without killing the product,
but he chose not to. There had to be a reason for that.

I am unaware of Apple (or Microsoft, for that matter) ever having open-sourced anything.

I have the feeling that the open-sourced mentality is so very different from the Apple
mentality that the 2 just won't mix.