uhm... don't enable the pointer tool? set the resizability to false? set the
editable to false? Seriously, if you have a image editing app, then you might
want to use a cached version of the image anyway, because of rotation and
similar ways to lose image quality. This is such a non issue for 99% of the
apps, and easy to solve for everyone else, i'm amazed that you even feel the
need to ask this question like that.

On 5 Dec 2011, at 15:55, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Mark Schonewille wrote:
>
> > On 5 dec 2011, at 14:51, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> >>
> >> That's a frightening way to have users accidentally lose data.
> >>
> >> Is there a property to turn that off, or can we trap for
> >> commandKeyDown on mouseDown to override it?
> >
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > I never accidentally lost my data that way. Did you?
>
> LOL.  I haven't had such reports yet, but when delivering robust systems we
> don't ship things with the potential for losing data in the hope that the
> user simply won't perform the action that would cause such loss, but aim a
> little higher to prevent the potential for loss altogether.
>
> So the question seems relevant:  how can we turn off this behavior?
>
> --
> Richard Gaskin
> Fourth World
> LiveCode training and consulting: http://www.fourthworld.com
> Webzine for LiveCode developers: http://www.LiveCodeJournal.com
> LiveCode Journal blog: http://LiveCodejournal.com/blog.irv

Watch live presentations every Saturday:
http://livecode.tv

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers: