On 12/4/11 8:09 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:
As anyone created a image cropping tool for LiveCode?
On 12/4/11 5:37 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
If you hold down the command key while resizing an image, it gets cropped to the new size. There's no warning, it just happens.

Yes, I am familiar with this option, but it has the very problem that Richard points out: it is destructive.

Yes, of course we can, as Bjoerkne points out, have an undo... but this again is not useful.

If you have a piece of portrait art/photo that you want to crop out a rectangular section for using in a horizontal ratio slideshow, you are making aesthetic "guesses" before the final crop and need the able to drag out the area, make it bigger, move it etc. It's a problem if the actual image data is being "wiped out" as you drag into the image, you want to be able to drag back out and get back your pixels. But as we know, those pixels are gone. It would force the user to undo the entire crop on every attempt to view a cropping option. Way too user unfriendly.

i.e. you don't want your crop frame-rect-select tool to be actually wiping out pixels until you click "OK" or "Crop" or "Do it!"