On 17/02/2012 13:34, Graham Samuel wrote:
Well, I was fleetingly pleased with myself that I got my first iOS app
installed and running on my iPad 2. It didn't last. The thing runs as though
wading through glue - MUCH slower than on my Mac (a not particularly new
MacBook) and even slower even than on the simulator. The amount of scripting in
the app is limited, but you can see it thinking, so that for example I have a
bit of code that puts an image in a particular exact place if the user has
dragged sufficiently near to the final position (i.e. a snap-to-position
process). This is instantaneous on the Mac but takes well over half a second on
the iPad. And even recognising a touch before dragging an image appears to take
a measurable time. This isn't at all like any of the commercial apps I have.

I only have a 'personal' licence. Is the engine spiked, or am I doing something
wrong, or what? Has anyone any experience to share?

TIA as ever

It'd be best to show us your code.

If you're uncomfortable doing that, can you create an example script, or show us what you're doing in the code? Kinda hard to help without more information.

-Ken