Thanks Chris, traversalOn was the answer. Doesn't show up on the Property
Inspector under its own name (I think it's called 'Focusable' which is perhaps
slightly more meaningful, but different) and I forgot about it. The dictionary
entry explains it well enough, but of course first one has to remember that
traversalOn exists - 'focusable' isn't there.

Sorry to be dumb.

Graham