Charles E Buchwald wrote:
Hi List,
I don't post here very often, but I wanted to share this little plugin tool
I've made and have been using.
The timing seems right, what with all the discussion of screen resolutions and
such.

ResTool is a small palette for resizing your stack to a number of standard
screen dimensions.
You can switch from portrait to landscape orientations, subtract an arbitrary
number of pixels to account for a status bar, and move the stack around on the
screen. There are buttons to shift the stack up and down, left and
right--useful, for example, if you are working on a laptop or smaller screen
and developing a stack meant for HD1080 resolution in portrait orientation.
(That's exactly what got me started on this in the first place.)
There is a substack with a chart of common video standards and aspect ratios, and a
couple of useful tables (via the "Ref" button.)
No documentation, really, but the tooltips should help if anything isn't
obvious.
Put it your Plugins folder, of course.

Get it here: http://buchwald.ca/lc/ResTool.livecode.zip

If you have any suggestions, additions or edits, please feel free to modify it
as you see fit, or send me such ideas. I hope some of you may find it useful.

Nicely done - thanks for posting that.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World