On 09/22/2012 08:56 PM, Peter M. Brigham wrote:
One of the advantages of using a splashstack, ie, a stub mainstack that opens
the actual user interface, is that you can implement the positioning and
appearance of your user interface stack before you open it. E.g.: in your
mainstack, you set the rect of the interface stack, the visible controls and
their locations, load any fields you need to, and only then open the interface
stack. This is not necessarily appropriate for all situations, eg, for a
utility stack you may want to keep things simple by only having a mainstack
that does everything, but in many cases using a stub mainstack to initialize
the working window is very easy and clean.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmb...@gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig

This is an interesting point.

At one time I was experimenting with having a Main Stack that was invisible

[mainly because I'm not into splash screens];

Not quite as daft as it sounds as you can load it while mucking around with where you want your substacks to 'materialise'.

Something like this:

An invisible Main Stack containing this script:

on openCard
   set the lockscreen to true
    open stack "SubStackOne"
move stack "SubStackOne" to abc, xyz --- where 'abc,xyz' are screen coordinates
   wait 5 ticks
   set the lockscreen to false
end openCard