Hi Jim, thanks, I should have mentioned the image object's size is set using
the same numbers with which I make the image request.

In this case I ask for a 200x400 image and set the size of my object to those
dimensions before attempting to actually display the image.

As I mentioned to Devin, I have no problem using another of their API calls
that returns a jpeg, it seems to only be an issue with the data of a gif image
in particular.