On 07/21/2013 12:55 AM, Richmond wrote:
On 07/21/2013 12:34 AM, Warren Samples wrote:
On 07/20/2013 03:20 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
That can easily depend on linux distros, especially where init.d comes
into play.

Well, yes. That could be a part of why YMMV :) I was just saying that my experience was completely without strangeness or difficulty, hoping to lend encouragement to anyone who might have been put off by Richmond's experience.

"Richmond's experience" has been greatly exaggerated by Thee!

'Twas a mere bagatelle (well, 15 minutes calling down the demons from Hell), and, Lo! the
thing worked.

Nobody should be put off by that; espcially as the Genymotion thing is really very good indeed.

Richmond.

Or, to put things another way: if you are the sort of person who has got any Linux distro to do more for you that just the moronic things 90% of people do with their computers (BMSPG = Browse, Mail, Skype, Play Games) you should not be fussed about this sort of thing at all.

Warren