Exactly, Devin! LiveCode is just getting back on the educational market and now they are about to lose it again!

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Use Color Converter to convert CMYK, RGB, RAL, XYZ, H.Lab and other colour spaces. http://www.color-converter.com

Buy my new book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner" http://qery.us/3fi

LiveCode on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/runrev/

On 2/25/2014 18:02, Devin Asay wrote:
A little historical perspective:

Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" was released in April 2005, nearly 9 years ago. RunRev
only recently announced it is dropping support for Tiger. (In v. 6.6?)

The transition to Intel processors happened in 2006, 8 years ago.

OS X 10.5 was released in October 2007, 6.5 years ago.

Dropping support for 10.5 won't affect me much, if at all, but I do worry about
the many primary and secondary schools, public and private, who still depend on
old hardware. (Richmond, this is your cue.) :)

My recommendation would be for RunRev to commit to maintaining LC 6.6 for at
least another year, and even after that keeping it available for download for
PPC/10.5 users.

So I agree with the prevailing sentiment to drop 10.5 support so we can move
forward with newer technologies, with this caveat.

My .02.

Devin