Kevin Miller wrote:
given the complexity of it + obfuscation you won¹t realistically be able
to make much sense of it. There is a whole world of difference between
obfuscated/unreadable JavaScript protected by copyright and the GPL, which
requires you to upload the stacks for your entire application with
readable, editable and redistributable code.
Understood.

That does help.. .thanks Kevin.

So if we create an app under GPL, then we just need a URL where anyone can get source.

I remember years ago reading a white paper from Adobe on the JS that was being exported from GoLive, in which they stated "be aware that the level of abstraction of the Javascript exported by GoLive is such that it will in all likelihood be virtually incomprehensible...." or something along those lines. I presume were trying to forestall any complaints from developers who thought they could work in WSIWIG and then subsequently tweak/customize the JS after it was dumped from GoLive.

As a non-profit, edu org we really have no interest in doing any closed source web apps, and the only reason I do own and continue to own a LiveCode commercial license is because of Apple's policies for getting into their store. Ergo the "perk" to get an Indy commercial HTML5 license is not much of one for us here . This I can see might be important for other developers though. Especially if you are doing apps for other clients. (never a case for us)

Maybe Heather can find some other perks for us that I can use to convince the purse holders here contribute to the campaign. (I wrote to her already)