Dr. Hawkins wrote:

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
The first one ('97) was especially interesting because in all the years I'd been using LC I'd never used that particular feature. The description
of that feature on p68 of the User Guide does seem to match your
expectations, and I was able to confirm your report.

The only reason *I* found it (the feature) was that I was trying to set
breakpoints, and my usual ways didn't work.

I've always just clicked om the line number. I know you've reported an issue doing that while the script is running, but are you also unable to set the breakpoints by clicking the line number at all?

There was a recent comment about shadowed name warnings in the Facebook group recently, but that seemed related to turning on the feature to warn
about those (Prefs -> Script Editor -> Strict Compilation Mode).  The
person who noted the issue reported back that after restoring that feature to its default "off" setting he was happy. Is that not working for you?

!!!

No, not having strict compilation can't make me happy; I depend upon
such things.  (I don't even like the lack of case sensitivity in names,
or the inability to apply types, but those only bite on the database side,
and I have scripts that watch my stacks for those on every build.

It seems I had misunderstood. What's the bug report number for that one?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 LiveCode Community Manager