Okay I think I have found a way to get the battery status. I checked it on my
VM of Windows 7. Your results may vary.

Try shell("WMIC Path Win32_Battery Get Availability”)

Line 3 will contain 2 if the battery is charging, 3 if running on battery, and
I am going to say 1 if the battery is fully charged. I’ll have to check that
later as my battery is currently charging at the moment.

Now for the teaching moment: WMIC can give you just about any information you
want about the hardware you are running on. Spiceworks Inventory and Helpdesk
system makes extensive use of WMIC when querying Windows devices.

HTH
Bob S