On 3/20/2015 11:07 PM, Ralph DiMola wrote:
I use both SQLite and MySQL in Android apps.
There are background images, resizing going on and local SQLite DB access to
build scrolling lists of hundreds of lines in sub-second card changes after
touching a button. Even orientation changes with resizing are sub-second.
Must be something in your dev environment.

I think that's the difference -- I'm trying to access a remote server. I expected some small transmission delay but nothing like this. It isn't timing out I don't think; at least, I do eventually get data back. Maybe the connection is hanging?

I tried closing the database connection after every retrieval but it didn't help.