On 3/21/2015 12:58 AM, Ralph DiMola wrote:
I access a remote MySQL db(diesel) when the app starts up. It takes a
couple of seconds to do a few reads and writes. I will put a db write
inbetween cards and see how long it takes.

Here's my new theory. Mobile doesn't support libURL, which is what handles the connections on desktop. When I ask for a remote connection to a database, something takes over that seems to repeatedly try to connect and times out (10+ secs or so.) In between timeouts I have a window where touches are processed, then I have to wait for the next timeout. In the meantime, the app is in a continual state of sending and waiting for a response from the server. Closing the database connection isn't enough to stop the process.

This is my completely unknowlegeable theory based only on observation. But the conclusion is: remote database connections are not supported.