Ray wrote:

I believe there's a key word which is a property you can use to detect
whether a stack has changes which have not yet been saved. It's
something like stackIsDirty but I can't find it anywhere.  Does anybody
remember this?

There is a Mac-only stack property, the modifiedMark, which can be used to indicate to the user that a stack has unsaved changes (it colors the window's close button dark red), but I know of no engine-level way to monitor for changes in the engine.

Would be nice, but given the many different ways we use LC it may not be practical.

For example, in most apps changing the text of a field would be a change worth noting but changing the rect of a stack would not, but in LC changing any object rect, or any other property, might warrant noting an unsaved change.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems