Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> I have handlers in the group that sometimes trigger on the
> revUpDateCellValue, but none of the other handles ever trigger.
> I have handlers like
>
> on revWhatever a,b,c,d
>
> ck a & cr & b & cr & c & cr & d
>
> breakpoint
>
> pass revWhatever
>
> end revWhatever
>

> none of these trigger as I move about and edit.  I put them in both
> the table script and the group script.
>
> sometimes revCellUpdate is called when a cell changes, and other
> times not.

I'd guess the revTableLibrary is a frontScript, since it needs to be able to respond to messages the user may otherwise override, and it predates the invention of behaviors with their "before" message handling option.

And since its custom handlers are needed only by itself, I'll bet it's not passing them.

Reading the handlers in revTableLibrary it seems to make extensive use of two custom properties to determine the current X and Y cell location:

   cRevTable["currentXcell"]
   cRevTable["currentYcell"]

So you can modify this setProp handler to respond to changes to either of those:

setProp cRevTable[pProp] pVal
   if pProp is "currentXcell" then
      put pVal, the cRevTable["currentYcell"] of me
   else if pProp is "currentYcell" then
      put the cRevTable["currentXcell"] of me, pVal
   end if
   pass cRevTable
end cRevTable

PS: since you seem to spend a lot of time in the debugger to discover the calling chain of handlers, you may find having those presented in a list for you in real-time much easier and faster - this free tool does that and more:

<http://fourthworld.net/revnet/devolution/4W_FlightRecorder.rev.gz>

If nothing else it's a useful example of the messageMessages global property in action.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems