> On Jul 23, 2015, at 6:00 AM, Robert Brenstein <r...@robelko.com> wrote:
>
> On 22.07.2015 at 17:55 Uhr -0700 Jerry Jensen apparently wrote:
>> Thanks for the suggestion, Robert.
>>
>> Yep - two different wired Apple keyboards (with and without numeric keypad)
>> plugged directly into the MacBookPro or into a Thunderblt monitor. Also
>> checked the System Preferences Keyboard pane - no joy. This also happened
>> with some former MacBookPros. When I have a chance, I'll configure a virgin
>> minimal system to try.
>> .Jerry
>
> Is that an American keyboard? On some national keyboard layouts, one has to
> press the shift key to produce the underscore itself.

Yes, a standard American English keyboard. Two different models and the
internal keyboard of a MacBookPro.
Some more things its not:
Font in LC Prefs (set to Default 12 or 16)
For sure not a customized shortcut in System Prefs Keyboard pane.
Its not this physical hardware. I made a virgin Mavericks LC 6.7.6 external
disk that works fine.
It also works fine on another iMac here with Mavericks and LC 5.5.4.
Its not something lurking in old "My RunRev" folders (now trashed).

Anybody have more suggestions? I have a lot of old stuff on this computer -
being a packrat I never throw anything away unless it bites me. How about
removing LC Preferences? I forget where they are . . .
.Jerry