On 27/10/15 18:25, Bob Sneidar wrote:
On Oct 27, 2015, at 02:11 , Mark Waddingham
<m...@livecode.com<mailto:m...@livecode.com>> wrote:

On 2015-10-26 19:27, Richmond wrote:

No, Richmond didn't: another wise chap did: and I completely agree with him.

Cerdit is not due to me on this one.
I would love LiveCode NOT to understand the uncertainty of me. Computers
should not be behave being as ambiguous as we humans are.

Quite - nor should programming languages be ambiguous. Indeed, for them to be
useful at all they need to be entirely unambiguous.

I've always said that what facinates developers so much about computers is that
it is a microcosm of predictability. In the real world you can do everything
right and have it turn out oh, so wrong. Not with software development. When
the wolves of reality have us cowering amidst the bushes of uncertainty, (wow
that was really good!) we can always run to our brick houses of Software
Development. If something goes wrong, it's our fault, plain and simple. But we
can still fix it! What's not to love about that?? ;-)

Bob S

Richmond.