On 03/02/2016 02:08 PM, Peter TB Brett wrote:

Thanks -- that's a much more complete / thorough explanation than I
managed to give.  The Project Browser tries to fit a lot of features
into a small amount of space and I'm not convinced that we've found the
most efficient way to pack them.

In the core dev team we use the Project Browser a *lot* when working on
the IDE.  But we probably use it in a different way to the way many
people developing apps with the IDE use it.  We need to get more
feedback about what it does well (so we don't mess with those parts) and
clear feedback about specific things it does badly (so we can tweak them).

Well, the PreferencesUI stack has a panel for the Application Browser where you can set actions for various object types. But the Project Browser doesn't respect these settings. As a start, it might be nice to have these carry over so that when a user migrates from the AB to the PB and double-clicks a card, for instance, she doesn't have to wonder why the property inspector doesn't pop up.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com