On 04/01/2016 12:41 AM, Tore Nilsen wrote:
If you want to access the app building course you should click on
your name in the upper right corner of the web page (when you are
logged in). You will then find a link to the app building course in
the menu to the left of the new page which contains various
information about your lisences.

Tore

OK, I did that. You must be referring to Products --> Create it with LiveCode Trial.

[1] That takes me here: https://livecode.com/courses/create-it-with-livecode-course/ Where I see 2 buttons. (Enroll Now | $59) and (Start Trial).

[2] If I click on (Enroll Now) I go here: https://www.cleverbridge.com/1288/surl-GWVb1g9whO. I see a shopping cart to purchase an Indy license, nothing about the $59 app building course.

[3] There is a (Continue Shopping) button there. I clicked on it thinking it may lead to the app building course but it lead here: http://livecode.com/

Unless I messed up somehow this is not going to lead to many app course sales. I tried it with both PaleMoon (a Firefox fork) and Chrome on Ubuntu.

Now a question about the course. I clicked on the trial and stepped through it a bit. I see it is based on the BYU course. A while ago I looked at the BYU course and was told that it wasn't suitable for Linux users at this time, apparently because it was graphics intensive.

Right now I am interested in learning Livecode on the desktop only, mobile may come later. Looking at the list of lessons on the right I don't see anything that jumps out at me as being very graphics intensive. So is this version less graphics intensive?

If I could work my way through most of the desktop centered lesions using Linux the price is certainly right.

Regards,  Jim

1. apr. 2016 kl. 03.24 skrev Jim Byrnes