On 8/17/2016 1:02 PM, Mark Talluto wrote:
FWIW, we have 2 Surface Pro 3 units here. We run LC 6 - LC 8 apps on
them just fine. We have a number of school districts that have
adopted them based on our suggestions and they are running our apps
well. Everyone is using them as they come from Microsoft without
modification to compatibility modes and such. Hope this helps...a
little bit at least.

Yes, it does, thanks very much. The user said someone "set up the system" for her and she didn't want to change the settings. Maybe that was the problem, if there's some setting that forbids fallback to 32-bit. I have no idea what they changed, and she was a very naive user who couldn't answer any questions.