This is not true for me. I have a field and a popup menu, largely because I
could not get popup menus to work the way they did in LC6 (I never used 7).
When I select text in the field, then popup the menu, it deselects the text in
the field. More specifically, it sets the insertion point after the selected
text.

With traversal on in the popup menu, the field actually seems to lose focus,
because the insertion point is no longer in the field, and it loses the focus
border, BUT... the focusOut message does *NOT* get sent to the field!

Note that this is not a problem to me, it's just that when testing this in the
hopes I could leverage it, I discovered that it did not work as described above.

This is 8.0.1 on OS X 10.11.

Bob S

On Aug 22, 2016, at 16:39 , Roger Guay <i...@mac.com<mailto:i...@mac.com>>