Monte Goulding wrote:

>> On 9 Sep 2016, at 2:40 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> Personally I prefer SuperCard's Cmd-[ and Cmd-]
>
> I have plans for to use those for in/outdent which they are commonly
> used for. Particularly in multiline comments but also when auto
> format is off.

In a word processor I wrote for a client we used Tab for that, and Shift+Tab for outdent.

But since the SE has used Tab for handler reformatting, I suppose it wouldn't work there.

Speaking of: I dislike being overwhelmed with too many Prefs settings as much as teams hate the technical debt they impose, but -

I wonder if it makes sense to add some sort of option to stop the real-time reformatting so I can type at my natural speed without waiting for LC to finish figuring out how it thinks my typing should be altered.

It's not that I type that fast, but the SE works *really* hard trying to second-guess what I'm doing.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems